- Launched a public education campaign in California that helped convince law enforcement officials, policy makers and state residents about the benefits of microstamping technology.
- Developed a broad-based coalition in the state of Virginia to close the “Gun Show Loophole” and brought significant local and national media attention to the issue.
- Initiated a campaign to change the way America thinks about the issue of gun control by countering the gun lobby’s propaganda about guns, democracy and freedom.
- Represented the victims of Buford Furrow, a white supremacist and convicted felon who shot four children and killed a postal worker during a rampage at a Jewish day care center near Los Angeles in 1999, in a precedent setting lawsuit against the gun makers and sellers who supplied Furrow with firearms.
- Provided technical assistance to the Council of the District of Columbia as they rewrote their gun laws in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision in the case of D.C. v. Heller, and defended those laws when certain Members of Congress attempted to weaken the District’s regulatory authority.
- Submitted an amicus brief to the United States Supreme Court in support of Chicago in McDonald v. Chicago that helped to shape the strong dissenting opinions in the case.
- Organized a consortium of the nation’s leading researchers, practitioners, and advocates in public safety and mental health to outline policy recommendations to prevent persons with a history of violence from possessing and purchasing firearms.
“As a Public Health Analyst for the Educational Fund to Stop Gun Violence and native of Framingham, Massachusetts, I am writing today in support of House Bill 3081 – An Act establishing Extreme Risk Protective Orders (ERPOs). This bill would prohibit a person who poses a significant danger of causing physical harm to themselves, the petitioner, or anyone else from having in his or her custody or control, owning, purchasing, possessing, or receiving any firearms or ammunition for a period of up to 1 year”